Win a place on a VIP minibus at the Tour of FlandersShareThis
If you love the sport of cycling and professional cycle racing, then you know a trip to spectate at one of the Spring Classics has to be done once in your lifetime. One-day races such as the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix are immersed in cycling folklore for the unique challenges they pose to professionals (and amateurs who attempt to ride the courses).
The Tour of Flanders in Belgium, which has a history as a race dating back to 1913, is known for its short, sharp hills, many of which are cobbled. They provide a true test for any cyclist.
We’ve teamed up with Belgian cycle events operator Go4Cycling to give you the chance of seeing the Tour of Flanders close up at this year’s race on April 1. Our competition prize is a spot on the Go4Cycling VIP minibus that follows the tour for the whole day.
The winner’s exclusive day will begin in Bruges (Brugge) and at the riders zone on ‘t Zand (where the professional team coaches are parked). Following the start of the race in Bruges, the winner will then join the Go4Cycling VIP-minibus and head off to watch the race.
The minibus will stop several times on the race course to see the race pass where you will get to experience the course at close quarters including the famous iconic cobbled climbs of the Tour of Flanders.
During the afternoon, a VIP lunch with champagne will be provided as you watch riders pass by you. The minibus then heads to the finish at Ronde van Vlaanderen where you’ll watch the end of the race. Go4Cycling will then drop you back off to Bruges at the end of the race.
Timetable (approximate timings)
Rendez Vous @ Bruges (08:30hr)
Start Tour of Flanders (10:00)
Experience the race at several viewing points (10:00 – 13:00)
VIP-Lunch with Champagne (13;00 – 13:30)
Continue watch the race at several viewing points (13:30 – 15:00)
Finish zone “Ronde van Vlaanderen” (15:00 – 17:00)
End – Bruges (18:00 – 18:30)
Note that you will have to make your own travel arrangements to get to Brugge on April 1 as this is not included in the competition prize.
The competition question
To be in with a chance of winning the spot on the Go4Cycling minibus, please send (by return of e-mail) us your answer to the following question and, if you are correct, you will enter the draw to win the prize.
Question: Which Belgian cycling legend will accompany Go4Cycling for the duration of their Flanders week tour?
Send your answers to:
Please put “Tour of Flanders Competition” in the subject line of your e-mail to us. Closing date for the competition is Noon on March 25.
Please note the terms & conditions of the Going Going Bike Tour of Flanders competition that are provided below if you enter the competition.
Tour of Flanders Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter of this competition is Going Going Bike LLP of 19 Ebury Street, London SW1W 0LD. The provider of the prize is Go4Cycling BVBA, Hendrik Prijslaan 14, 3800 Sint-Truiden, Belgium
2. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the competition are excluded from participating.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
5. The competition can only be entered via the [email protected] email address.
6. Automated entries, bulk entries and entries from third parties will all be disqualified.
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. The competition prize is one VIP day at the 96th Tour of Flanders on Sunday 1 April 2012. This prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
9. Going Going Bike’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Going Going Bike is not responsible for late, delayed or corrupted entries however caused.
11. The closing date for the competition is 12 noon on 25 March 2012 in the United Kingdom.
12. The winner will be decided on 25 March 2012 and will be notified by email within two days of such date. The winner must respond to the Promoter within two days of notification that their entry has been successful (unless otherwise stated).
13. The winner’s details will be posted on www.goinggoingbike.com from 26 March 2012 until 15 April 2012.
14. The Promoter shall have the ability at any time, at its completion discretion and without any obligation to provide prior notice, to: (i) extend the closing date of the competition; and / or amend these terms and conditions.
15. By entering this competition you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by the winning entrant arising out of the possession or use of the prize and liability for any defects in the Prize remains with the provider of the Prize.
17. The winner will be chosen by the Promoter at random from the pool of valid entries submitted; the Promoter’s choice of winning entry is final. No correspondence will be entered into and no process of appeal is available to entrants.
18. Entry to the competition and acceptance of the prize gives the Promoter permission to use the winning entrants’ names for promotional purposes without additional payment. The Promoter does not have to contact the winning entrant to obtain specific consent for such use.
20. The Promoter will add personal information supplied by entrants to a database in order to provide entrants with Going Going Bike’s marketing correspondence. If entrants do not wish to receive marketing correspondence of this kind they should ask to not be added to such databases within the body of their entry.
21. The Promoter will also use personal information supplied by the winning Entrants for the purposes specified in Condition 18 above and to inform an entrant that they have won.
22. The Promoter will pass the names and email addresses of all entrants to the provider of the prize. If entrants do not wish Going Going Bike to do this they should state so within the body of their entry.
23. The Promoter will not pass personal information supplied by entrants to any other organisation except for the purposes of running this competition or administering its databases.
24. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss, damage or disappointment suffered by any entrant as a result of entering the competition and disclaims all liability for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, the competition. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
25. The competition and the terms and conditions relating to it shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.
Go4Cycling is specialized in cycling events during the spring classics in Belgium. You can choose from VIP packages at different races like Tour of Flanders, Scheldeprijs, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Amstel Gold Race and Fleche Wallonne. They also provide packages where you can experience the official courses like the professional cyclists.