Today we have a guest blog on GGB from Caz Nicklin, the founder of Cyclechic.co.uk. Caz gives her unique perspective on women’s fashion and picks her recommendations for the ultimate Cycle Chic look this summer…
For me summer cycling is all about pootling around on my Pashley Poppy in a floaty summer dress, exploring the leafy streets of London and meeting friends for picnics in the park.
5 cycle chic picks for this summer
1. A Wicker basket. This is an essential addition to your bike for the summer. Not only do they come in mighty handy for carrying everyday bits and bobs but they add vintage charm to any bike. I am totally in love with our newest basket this summer, the Nantucket Picnic basket. The hamper style with lid and handle not only looks cute as a button but is super practical too!
2. A Floaty Floral Dress. Elegant, cool and comfy; a summer dress is ideal cycling attire. Try and go for lightweight fabrics and loose fitting cuts that give you ease of movement. Just be sure the length isn’t too short to keep your dignity in tact. This frock from Topshop ticks all the boxes.
3. Pretty Panniers. Perfect for Sunday trips to the farmers market or for everyday commuting to work. My summer suggestion is The Kitsch Kitchen Pannier bags (see picture above). They clip on and off the bike in seconds and then double up as a stylish day bag when off the bike… more than just a pretty face.
4. Reserve rainwear. As much as we would love endless days of sunshine from May to August it’s just never going to happen in Britain. Be prepared for the rain in style with this fabulous Cambridge Raincoat in Aspen Gold
5. A Helmet that makes you Happy. You no longer need to sacrifice style for safety as there are plenty of helmet options that are feminine and flattering. My favourite this summer is Sawako Furuno’s Ribbon Helmet in Rose. The pastel colour and sun-shielding peak make it the ideal helmet for swanning around on your bike this summer.
Catch up on Caz’s cycle fashion recommendations on the London Cycle Chic blog.