Going Going Bike is proud to support Cycle to Work Day, a national event championed by multi-gold medal winning Paralympic cyclist, Dame Sarah Storey. It aims to encourage everyone to cycle to work for at least just one day – on Thursday 4 September 2014.
According to Census data, 760,000 people in the UK cycle to work regularly – this number keeps growing steadily, but with Cycle to Work Day’s help, we are aiming to make those numbers skyrocket this year and beyond!
By 2021, Cycle to Work Day hopes to see a million people regularly commuting to work by bike. Last year’s event saw a Herculean effort from the 20,000 commuters who hit the streets and cycled over a quarter of a million miles on Cycle to Work Day.
This year, the aim is to double the number of budding commuters saddling up and achieve (at least) half a million miles pledged. Everyone can help by:
- - Promising to get in the saddle on 4 September by pledging miles for Cycle to Work Day here: www.cycletoworkday.org. *Update* if you pledge to ride, you could win one of three Foffa bikes!
- - Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to sign up and get involved.
- - Share www.cycletoworkday.org on your social media pages.
- - If you know a wannabe cyclist in need of a bike, remind them that Going Going Bike has a great selection of used bikes – far more economical than buying a new one!
- - Ask your employer to get behind the day by offering staff that ride a free coffee and croissant as part of Britain’s Biggest Bike Breakfast.
- - You can also connect with Cycle to Work on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to shout us in your tweets: @goinggoingbike